Saturday, March 11, 2017

I Deserve To Brag (3-11-17)

In case anyone missed it, we were approved for a lovely apartment in Long Beach about 4 miles from where we currently live. We picked up the keys yesterday afternoon. Then the reality hit me. We don't own any large appliances or furniture other than our beds and TV sets. In the next paragraph, you'll find my report:

ON SHOPPING LIST:

Sofa-Bought at IKEA
Futon-Bought at IKEA
Stove/oven-Bought at Sears
Washer-Bought at Sears
Dryer-Bought at OOPS! Not bought!
Silly me! it turns out we need a GAS dryer, and I was about to buy an electric!
Everything gets delivered on Thursday. Well, except the dryer for now, because I have to do research first.
In other news New cable company installs on Sunday (8 days from now)

OF NOTE:

The Futon was on sale for $90! (reg price $250) and, In fact, I bought EVERYTHING on sale!
On the other hand, my to do list is HUGE!

4 comments:

  1. Well done! This must all be a relief. Best of luck in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a relief. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. There are plenty of windows that allow for natural lighting, so hopefully my SAD won't be a problem.

      I finished off my shopping by buying a gas dryer, and then Shilo talked me into buying a refrigerator as well. We used the same salesperson we did on Saturday, so she's going to get a nice commission.

      Now Thursday will be really busy. EVERYTHING will be delivered, so Donna Dawg-lass will stay with me, while Shilo and Stitch handle the junk pickup. I found a local one that has better prices. Also, Happy Monday!

      Delete
    2. Donna Dawg-lass? Why didn't just name her "Ellie-May"?

      Delete
    3. She was a pound puppy and we figured that at the age of 6, changing her name might confuse her.

      Delete