Thursday, August 2, 2018

Late August 2, 2018 Post

Shilo came home from work at about 7:30 this morning,  and looked pale, like death warmed over, and he climbed into bed, and told me he wasn't feeling well.

When I asked him what was wring, he said "Chest pain, and it's hard to breathe." I immediately got up, dressed myself and assisted him in getting dressed and drove him to the closest hospital. After several hours of assessments, they decided because of his age (almost 62) and other health issues, that they were going to keep him overnight for observation, but by the time he was admitted, it was past 1PM.

I've had a particularly long day as well, so I'm keeping this short.  He's feeling better than he was, and he's on a heart monitor. I will add an update tomorrow once I know something.


Merry

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear he's stable and being monitored. Best wishes to you both. (You have to be careful with stuff like this and it seems you are.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a scare yesterday. He is feeling better, and they did the echocardiogram today, and that looked good as well, so it looks like he'll be coming home in the next few hours.

      Delete
    2. Very good. Tell him I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery......unless you think that would give him a relapse. In which case, just keep that tidbit to yourself and let him relax.

      Delete
    3. I'm sitting with him in the hospital right now, and I let him read your comment and he smiled. Considering that he rarely smiles, I'd say that he appreciates it. 😊

      Delete
  2. Ah, humor is the best medicine, right? No, actually come to think of it, Scotch is the best medicine....but humor is still right up there.

    All the best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't allow alcohol in my house... Oh, and before I forget... I brought him home about 5 hours ago

      Delete