Saturday, January 30, 2016

Something to Think About

I mentioned in my previous post my desire to reconnect with certain family members, but I really haven't acted on it. There's just so much other things to do, so the "priority level" isn't as high. I still have 11 months till the end of this year to make an effort. Don't get me wrong... I have made a few tiny moves towards doing it, but there's still the fear of rejection. I still hold certain people at an arms length due to me still nursing my hurt feelings, but I'm working on that as well. Like I wrote before, it's a desire, not a need.

I also decided in December I'd do a "Happy/Funny" jar of events in my life, so when I feel sad or bad, I can refer back to those events. I don't have something for every day, but I'm fine with that. I also don't have a jar. Instead, I have a Document on my computer for it. Some days (like Friday, for example) I have more than one thing, so it makes up for those less than stellar days.

I also try to remind myself of all the skills I learned last year, especially where it comes to Shilo's need for gluten free foods. I even have a few personal favorites that I've learned to make, such as gluten free chocolate peanut butter pie, and gluten free potatoes au gratin. Honestly, most of my cooking was gluten free to begin with, and I was surprised to find that out. It was mostly prepackaged foods that have gluten in them, so I have to read labels. Of course, I still eat food with gluten in it (I love my bread!) as does Stitch, but we try to eat those things when Shilo is at work. Naturally, I work hard to ensure that I always make as many items as possible gluten free, because I hate to see Shilo in gastrointestinal distress or sad that he can't have something I've made.

My son, Jonathan, has gotten occasional "breaks" from being in the hospital by his Oncologist at City of Hope Hospital, but just recently spent 8 days in getting more chemo. He was released last night, and I drove him home.  He's gearing up for his planned bone marrow transplant in February. He also told me that they are discussing radiation as well. I'm just happy that he's gotten better than he was, and his attitude is so positive. I attribute this to the power of prayers and positive healing thoughts that he's received.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that Child #4 (my disabled son, Daniel) was a 100% match for Jonathan in my previous post, so I'll mention it now. His Neurologist has approved for him to be the Donor, (and Daniel has expressed a desire to do so) but the Transplant Team at City of Hope Hospital has to approve it. Let's all hope and pray it works out! No matter what, though, I will say that this demonstrates the Love my kids have for each other. Yes, there is one that was/is negative about this, and balked at being tested, but the others have shown so much Love, that it doesn't matter.

Please continue to keep my Family and Household in your thoughts. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment