Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hard Limits

I love music. All types of music. Some songs make me feel happy, or sad, or sometimes, it will bring on a memory of a long time ago, of people I haven't seen in forever, or even of friends who are long gone, and dead. It connects us to others.

It's not that way for everyone, and, because I'm unaware, innocent, and/or naive in many ways, I don't realize that my world of sweetness and happiness and flowers and rainbows and unicorns etc.etc.

When someone tells me they dislike a group or song, I do my best to respect it, but, once in a while, I want to indulge myself in a guilty pleasure, no matter who is around. It was that way Tuesday evening as I drove Shilo to work.

“Merry, I don’t like Pink Floyd” How many times have I heard that? I know I’ve said more often to him, “I hate Rush” but I go on and say “I know you love Rush, and because I Love you, I won’t complain.” Well, it just so happens that Pink Floyd was playing, and it was a song I really wanted to hear, so I told him something along the lines of “Too bad, I’m the Dominant, and I want to listen to this.” He got really pissed about it, and didn’t talk to me, and I had to ask for a kiss. I was confused by it all. I mean, it was one fucking song!

I read his diary entry about it, and it came out that he used LSD and was listening to Pink Floyd. Apparently, it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I’m just confused as to why he never said anything about this to me before. I’m not a mind reader. I thought we established this before, but I guess not. Anyway, after the partial explanation, I agreed to never play any Pink Floyd songs in his presence. Still I asked that he explain exactly what happened. Naturally, it’s his choice, and I won’t force him to tell me, but it is now a hard limit, and I will respect it.

Shilo, I Love you. Always

2 comments:

  1. I really don't remember the acid trip. Nor do I want to.
    Forty years ago.
    Back then, I did NOT like the idea of losing hours of my life, with no idea what happened.
    Every since then, right up to the present, listening to PF comes close, very close, to sending me into a flashback.

    ReplyDelete