Sunday, December 13, 2015

Life Update (12-13-15)

In spite of the sadness and hardships my Family and Household has endured this year, I've done my best to maintain a positive outlook, and to turn to those I call friends for emotional support when needed. However, for the past month or so, I've pretty much isolated myself, because I felt I was overburdening others with all the chaos in my life. Today I'm writing this to share something that might seem sad, but it really isn't.

My son, Jonathan, has been in the hospital for 10 weeks (70 DAYS!!!) and was diagnosed with cancer 66 days ago. He has been through so very much, including 3 rounds of chemotherapy. 10 days ago, on Jonathan's 30th Birthday,  his Oncologist called a family meeting to discuss his results, and while Jonathan's levels have somewhat improved, he is NOT in remission.

This sad news came with a silver lining though, because this made Jonathan eligible for a transfer to City of Hope in Duarte. I got a call this afternoon informing me transfer was taking place this evening, so now he's going to get more specialized care. Please keep him in your thoughts and/or prayers.

For more information on Jonathan's diagnosis, go to: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/leukemia-acutelymphocyticallinadults/detailedguide/leukemia-acute-lymphocytic-what-is-all

And if you are able to assist him to keep his housing and pay his expenses or even just want to give him words of encouragement please go to: https://www.gofundme.com/helpjonfight

Either way, thank you for reading this, and for your kind word, calls and emails.

Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment