Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pleasing?

For those of you paying attention, on Tuesday,  April 22nd, I addressed some reasons/ questions  Shilo wrote about why he doesn't feel like he's really married to me. For some, I gave answers, for others, I gave solutions. Anyway, I was able to deal partially with issue #2 and the results were interesting.

I was getting ready for a weekend church business trip, and my ride arrived early. As I wandered about the house getting myself together, I decided that my two friends who I was traveling with were the perfect people to start with. Fortunately, they took the news well and even joked about it. That was in front of Shilo. Once we got in the car and were on our way, the questions started. I reiterated that no, I am not cheating on Stitch,  and yes, Stitch will still be around. However, when they asked about brother-husbands, I had to laugh and dismiss the idea. There's no need in adding confusion and explaining polyamory.  I had several uncomfortable moments while they questioned me, but they also advised me to not to tell certain people for fear of an unneeded scandal. I'm taking their advice for now, simply because it's why I kept our marriage secret in the first place. I realize that Shilo might not like the idea, but until I can figure out a completely workable solution, I'm just going to do this on an individual basis. It's the polyamory I'm trying to hide, not Shilo.

Other than the above, the trip has been uneventful (thank goodness!) and I am enjoying time with the church ladies. I expect to be home Sunday night. Farewell for now!)

1 comment:

  1. This problem.... the one that relates to, how I feel about our marriage being kept a secret, depending on who is involved.... was just one reason/problem of nine I mentioned, and those were quickly off the top of my head, so to speak, and there may or may not exist a few or many others.
    The above situation where you told the truth to these ladies really does ... very little...to assuage my feelings about this, that I don't know if I will ever truly feel MARRIED..
    My thought is, there is SO much involved, so many issues and feelings involved, that

    ReplyDelete