Thursday, August 22, 2013

Perspective

Part of what I do as Shilo's Mistress is give him assignments to complete. There are occasional ones, things I give him to do on an as-needed basis, and then daily ones, such as calling me at 7:30 AM on weekdays when we aren't together. Another thing I have him do (that I've mentioned  before) is to make a daily journal entry. I read it at my leisure and occasionally comment on something he's written, and I do my best to be supportive and/or give positive feedback.  Sure, sometimes he shares things and I feel uncomfortable about it, but I also figure that it helps him to "process" things.  

There IS one thing, however.... His perspective on something that goes on between us and mine are usually different. Sometimes, they are so different that I wonder if he was in the same room as me.  It makes things fun because I have the chance to see things from his point of view. It also gives me the chance to find out what my Little, Sunshine, has been up to. She sees and hears most of what I say and do, but I rarely get the opportunity to see and hear her.

So... this was a busier, much busier week than I originally planned, but I'm pretty sure that Shilo has enjoyed all the extra time and attention I've given him this week. Mister_Stitch commented today that it seems like Shilo and I are "working out the bugs" in our relationship. I think he's right, and I'm glad that we (ALL of us) get along so well, and that we're all so supportive of each other.

On THAT note, I gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta go where, the bathroom, again?

    I would like to hear more about those times when you weren't 'sure you were in the same room' though.

    ReplyDelete