Friday, April 14, 2017

Discharge (4-14-17)

I was discharged from PT on March 27th. They told me that they could no longer help me.  Am I 100% "healed?" No, but they felt I was ready to continue on at home. I still need assistance with certain aspects of getting dressed and undressed, and I don't have the "reach" I used to have. I'm not very happy about it either, and I'm debating joining a gym so I can get access to the machines I need so I can get to 100% healed. So, what's holding me back? Transportation, mostly. I'd like to go for about an hour three times a week, and having someone to go with me and/or drive me would make it easier for me to do it.  Shilo's work schedule doesn't allow me to do it without disrupting his sleep.


Doing the math only proved to me that joining a gym would be cheaper as well. Honestly, I'm discouraged about this. I hate being dependent on others, and even though I've come a long way, and I can do most of the things I need to do with minimal assistance, I want to be able to do things like folding sheets on my own and scratching my back without assistance. It would also be nice to not stand on my tiptoes to reach above my head.  It's been 9 months of hell, and I'm  wanting to do things that I haven't been able to do.


I plan on searching for gyms nearby and looking into memberships. Hopefully I'll find something that works for me.

4 comments:

  1. I can certainly drive two days a week, or three IF you want to go two consecutive days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't want to burden you with that. You've done so much already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a solution. But it seems like you might already have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I know he won't exercise with me.

      Delete