Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Can You Hear Me?



A Tale Of Discouragement


47 days. Forty-seven FUCKING days. I have monitored my eating habits, followed a (relatively) strict diet, increased my fluid intake, and monitored my blood sugar and kept it down to an acceptable level with few exceptions. I don't expect overnight results, but I've begun to feel healthier and my blood sugar results are proof that it's paying off. I chart my dietary intakes, I care about what goes in my body.


I'm proud of my progress. My Household and those close to me know what sacrifices I've made for this. I'm NOT a "special snowflake" and numbers don't lie. All this work is paying off, and I'm doing it in spite of the stressors caused by Shilo's prostate cancer and dealing with the delays caused by it. I am a warrior, and I haven't stopped or given up. I've even been a good example for Shilo, who is now taking better care of his diabetes, and I believe it's never too late to make life and lifestyle changes. There is no "too old" or "too late" until we're dead.


So, what's wrong? Why am I discouraged? Well, I went to the doctor today, for my every three months check, and I made a copy of my charting to show him my blood levels and discuss my changes, and ask him what he thought of the improvements. He barely even glanced at them, and told me that I was wasting my time, and I didn't need to keep track of things. Instead of acknowledging the improvements, and giving feedback on my questions, he ignored them and focused on other things. I mean, my blood pressure has improved, my pants (when I wear them) are too big. It wasn't that long ago that I was 225, and now I hover between 190 and 195. He didn't even answer my questions! When he was finished, I went down to my car and cried. I just can't handle this.


I deserve better. I deserve to be heard. I pay him to assist me in improving my health, and I'm being ignored, and I'm tired of it. If this was any other relationship, I would have ended it already, and that is where I am now. Unfortunately, unlike a relationship, where I can do without the hassle, I need a doctor. Contacting my insurance is one of many steps I have to take, so this is more like a divorce.


And now that I've written this, I still feel discouraged, but I also feel better, because I know what I have to do. Find a new doctor. Wish me the best!


  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPwcf60X-Q4











4 comments:

  1. Absolutely find a new doctor! What the hell!

    Good thing I wasn't there with you or his head would still be spinning. What a callous fuckhead!

    I think your improvements are noteworthy and to be acknowledged. So "good girl!" from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You only confirm what both Shilo and my boyfriend, plus numerous friends said.

      I did find a new doctor. Now to deal with the insurance company.

      Did I mention that this was the same doctor who ignored my request to get Shilo to a urologist? Yeah. Definitely tome to move on.

      Delete
    2. It really is frustrating. I've been dealing with a somewhat similar situation, with a doctor who just keeps prescribing the same approach for a physical problem I've been having, even though her approach plainly isn't working and isn't really consistent with the problems I'm having. When I bring up recognized traditional medicine alternatives, she just shoots them down, probably because they are outside her specialty. To a hammer every problem is a nail. But, it's also just interesting and depressing how many health care providers just really don't care that much about digging in and getting to an actual solution.

      Delete
    3. You're right.

      I changed doctors, and I finally feel like I'm being heard. My health has improved, and the positive feedback I'm receiving has made me a better person.

      Just knowing that my efforts are appreciated puts me in a better state of mind.

      Don't forget to have a PSA test!

      Delete