Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sometimes It Stays

Sometimes it ends. Other times, it just slowly fades. Whatever happens, there are feelings involved. Polyamory is funny that way.

This has been on my mind quite a bit recently. I don't adjust to changes very well. It's one of the very first things I tell people when we get involved. I even specify what are important things and what are unimportant things. What I expect/need to know, and what is "noise." Depending on my level of involvement, much of it is noise. I go to great lengths to explain what I will give, and what I expect.

I've been witness to a beginning, what appeared to be a fade, but was an ending, and what I call a "true fade" in the past month. I was even exposed to noise, which is something I hate. It seems that late spring/early summer is a hotbed of activity for many relationships. I blame the heat.

This is mostly about my "true fade." Several years ago, I took a submissive under consideration. It was a failure. The consideration period only lasted two weeks before I told him it wasn't going to work. He was bratty, couldn't (or wouldn't) follow simple instructions, and required more energy than I could muster. Both of us have experienced success with others. It was just a bad fit. We didn't love each other less either. Every year, right about this time of the year he calls me.

"Mistress Merry, do you think you could give me a spanking? A really hard one?" I answer yes and we make fluid plans to see one another, and it never happens. He called last night. I won't be available for him until after the 5th. The end of June until the second week of July is tough on me. If you go far back enough in my Journal, or you know me well, you know why. I'm not going to repeat it here. Princess is my true fade. I know that the day will come when he doesn't call, but I know it's not this year. It's not painful. It doesn't hurt. The one that hurts (there's always at least one) was the one that appeared to be a fade, but then ended abruptly due to circumstances neither of us could control. That one gives me all sorts of mixed feelings. Sadness, anger, and a hurt like being punched in the gut. I mourned it for months, even though I was in a happy thriving relationship that carried me through it. Every time I see his (real) name the pain becomes fresh. I yell and cuss when I see it. I still love him but I know he no longer loves me. It's my cross to bear.

I'm facing a difficult relationship decision right now made even more difficult by something I can't control dealing with Shilo. I'm distracted. I don't know how I will decide, but I know that there's too much noise here.

2 comments:

  1. Besides being poignant, that was exceptionally powerful writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my Friend.

      My Boyfriend's (kind of ex) girlfriend decided she had had it and was DONE. She was kind enough to send me a very brief note on Fetlife (at 1AM!) stating:
      I'm done :)

      Somehow I wasn't surprised. We're both rather disenchanted with the new girl. She is a trainwreck. I will be posting that soon.

      I will also eventually be posting about Shilo when we have more information.

      Delete