Tuesday, July 25, 2017

One Year Ago Today (7-25) Just Before Midnight... And other things...

I had my accident, and broke my right humerus in two places.The following afternoon, my Mentor lost his life after suffering a series of major strokes. He was 64.

Today I'm mostly healed, although I sometimes have residual pain. There are still some things I'm unable to do in spite of the many hours of PT that I endured. Still, I'm grateful for the movement I have, and I know what a long way I've come since then.

On July 13th, I turned 56. A few nights later, Shilo and Stitch took me out to dinner.  It was a fun night, and I'm glad we went out.

On July 21st, I woke up to this email:




There were 2 other emails in addition to this one. A total of $3,666 and some change was taken from my accounts. Note that the one above is marked "HOUSEHOLD."  Keep in mind that while these accounts all have my name on it. not a single penny is mine. The money belonged to Stitch and Shilo. It was the money we use for rent, utilities, car insurance and gasoline so Shilo can get to and from work every day (75 miles roundtrip!)

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???!!!

is a question we've been asked by others. It's simple, and yet not so simple. Our theory is that sometime in March wile we were moving a Summons was handed to someone (my guess is my oldest son age 33) and it wasn't given to me. The court date came, and a default judgement was made, so my funds were seized.

Shilo drove me to the Van Nuys Courthouse and we were told to call the Attorney for the other side. They didn't care that the money wasn't "mine" all they cared about was that they got "their" money.

Over the weekend both Shilo and Stitch (together and separately) applied for loans from at least 20 different companies with each one getting rejected. As a last-ditch effort, I opened a Go Fund Me page. This isn't my proudest moment. I don't like showing my vulnerabilities, and I DETEST asking for help, but like my Mom always told me "You don't get if you don't ask;" and this is truly an emergency.  If you are willing or able to help, the link is below. Also, if you want to share, it would be appreciated.


(GoFundMe link redacted)


Thank You!

Merry

3 comments:

  1. This is just terrible! You need to look into it and fight it.

    The other bad news is as you might know from reading my blog, I have been going through a financial disaster of my own that went on for two years and pretty much wiped me out. The 'problem' has since been solved but that only stopped the bleeding. We are FAR from recovery and have had to forego things like trips or Christmas presents between Rosa & me. So, I really can't help in any way. (Heck, I wish I could get some help to get back to where I need to be financially.) Sorry, dear. I do hope something comes along to help out.

    Also, if you think this is from a case involving another adult, son or not, it doesn't seem legal to take your (or your guys' money). Something is fishy that there was no warning, and that's a lot of money. The other side HAS to legally tell you what the settlement was for, and so does the court.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't reply to you earlier because I was really feeling burdened down by the whole thing, but if you'll read my blog above this, you'll see that things worked out as far as getting enough money to cover our necessary expenses.

      It will be quite some time before our savings accounts will have money in it, but at least we won't have to worry about our bills not getting paid. We will be foregoing any outings, vacations and gifts as well (unless they're under $5) until the actual problem is solved.

      As for the legality, etc; Shilo is working on that for me. I've been a basket case.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully he can make something happen. >hugs<

      Delete