Saturday, July 1, 2017

Silence

"is golden".
Said the introvert quietly.

"But WHYYY???!!!"
the toddler and teenager screamed.

"Come closer and listen."
The Teacher said.

So they all huddled quietly at the feet of the introvert. And waited.
....


....


....


....


....


....


....


And waited
 


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


....


and waited some more.



Just as her audience was about to leave, the introvert spoke:

"We have sat in silence for a very long time. You waited to hear my words, because I rarely speak, but when I do, you find wisdom in my words. Am I correct?" They all nodded eagerly.


"Some people just like to hear their own voice. They speak nonstop about others, always presenting themselves as the Hero or the Victim when they are neither. No, they are Liars and Instigators. They bring Destruction to anyone who falls for their many words. They add some truth to their lies, and they sit in wait for anyone who will correct them, and then claim again to be the victim."

"Do you understand?"


The teenager spoke:
"So sometimes instead of being so eager to defend myself, I should sit and watch instead?"


"Yes," the introvert said. "If you have a good character, and you are honest, people who know you will vouch for you. They will see the lies for what they are, and, if asked, they will speak the truth."


"But what about that mean kid that steals my toys?" the toddler asked. "Does it mean I shouldn't tell on her?"


The Teacher spoke:
"My darling Little One, yes, you should always tell someone who can help you when something bad happens."


The introvert added:
"If you are known to be truthful, then people will believe you when you ask for help. If you always whine and complain, people are less likely to believe you."


THE MORAL:
I stand by my words. When I see injustices done to those I consider Family, I will come to their aid. Do NOT Fuck with my Family, Do NOT Fuck with my friends, Do NOT Fuck with the Ones I Love. I don't have to lift a finger or speak a word. Justice has a way of taking care of things.



Mary Price https://www.facebook.com/merrrycontrary

6 comments:

  1. I believe in a varied approach and definitely believe in listening and observing analytically more than just making frenetic noise. On the other hand, I can't say I have seen any evidence for justice always prevailing.....or for it somehow coming about on its own. Justice requires action....often imperiling action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you disappear to? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Did you miss me? ;-p

      I had child #4 with me off and on for the past week,and I was busy putting out fires while accidentally lighting a few. I'm hoping all the fires are out.

      Delete
    2. Actually? Yes.

      Glad to see you back.

      (it's a known irony that many arsonists have also been firefighters) ;-)

      Delete