Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Report

I'll start with Halloween. It was a too-busy day, and emotionally exhausting, mostly because my new medical insurance (through Shilo's employer) is different than what I'm used to (Kaiser). This is a double-edged sword. The advantage is that my new doctor can order more intensive tests (Diagnostic mammogram and sonogram of the breasts) without doing preliminary tests (routine mammogram), but the disadvantage is that the insurance company has to approve it, and that takes time. In a way, it adds to my stress level, and I finally got the approval, only to find out that the doctor put the wrong code for the test ordered. This means I will have to wait longer to get the test done. The person at the Radiology center was very nice and told me I'd need copies of my last mammogram, so I've put it on my to-do list. I spent the afternoon in a depression induced sleep. Stitch neglected to wake me, and I overslept to the point that I didn't eat till after 10PM. Oh, and 2 trick-or-treaters.

November 1 was overwhelming as well. I realized that I forgot to take both Shilo and Stitch's suits to the dry cleaners, and we had a funeral to attend on the 2nd. We (Shilo and I) rushed off to the dry cleaners and dropped off the suits, then we went to see my regular piercer to get both nipple piercings removed and also my tongue piercing. (just in case I wind up needing general anesthesia) We arrived before the piercing studio was open, so we ate breakfast at a nearby restaurant. The food and service was amazing! I've decided to add it to my list of places to eat.... Anyway, once we finished, we walked to the piercing studio, only to find out that my piercer was off, and his replacement was there. I have issues/problems with being touched by people I don't know well, and John (my regular piercer) has a way of helping me through difficult procedures. I left a note for John, and we went on to do my banking and some shopping for curtains. We were not successful in finding curtains, but at least we tried. I napped more (still depressed) and after Shilo left for work, Stitch accompanied me to the store so I could buy a loaf of fresh bakery bread (a special treat) I somehow managed to have a disagreement with Shilo (not really a surprise, considering my ongoing SAD that causes horrible bouts of depression) and spent most of my sleepless night explaining myself to him. By the time I went to bed (4AM?) we were back on track with each other (Thank goodness!)

November 2nd (yesterday) started off with the three of us attending a funeral for a young Dominant that Stitch and I first met nearly 2 years ago. It was heartbreaking for me in so many ways. The knowledge that he was only 35, and had a chronic illness (CF) that would eventually kill him didn't soften the blow, and seeing so many young people was almost more than I could take. I got up and said a few words, and found myself choking back tears.  Later, in the women's restroom, I wound up holding a young girl and wiping away her tears. When it was time to leave, I drove home, knowing what was in store for me. When we got home, I changed my clothes, called John, and made arrangements to see him in an hour. Stitch stayed home, and Shilo griped about having to go with me, until he remembered his promise to be with me in case I was too out of sorts after the visit. John was happy to see me, but was hoping to see Stitch too. I told him I'd have Stitch next time. The first piercing to be removed was my 6g tongue piercing, followed by both of my 2g nipple piercings. I was sad, but silent. My nipples bled in protest, so band-aids were applied. Once more, I napped the rest of the day away, and then woke up about 5PM so we could get ready for a birthday costume party. We arrived at 8 and left around 11. I was in bed with Shilo just before midnight. I unlocked Shilo's chastity device and rode him for maybe 2 minutes. He said he was tired, so I stopped, and he said we could try later. I fell asleep quickly.

Turns out we were both tired, and we woke up this morning without making time for sex. We rushed to get ready for church, leaving Stitch home(he didn't want to go to church) to take care of the animals, and prepare the kitchen for painting. Did I mention our house is in Long Beach, and Shilo's church is in Burbank? It's worth the drive... I enjoy the services, as does Sunshine, and it was Sunshine who drove and went to church. I have a few flashes of memory from the Service,  but I came back out as we parked near the restaurant for lunch. I'm trying to take care of my health, and follow a reasonable diet, avoiding sugar due to my recent diagnosis of diabetes. I ordered a high protein meal, but there was so much food on the plate that I only managed to eat half of the food. After eating and using the bathroom 2 or 3 times (look up polydipsia and polyuria. Damn diabetes!) I changed my clothes, and we went to a carnival-type event at a local dungeon. I had some professional photos taken of me with Shilo, and Shilo got whipped in a whipping booth. We also spoke to LOTS of people, and I was fortunate enough to run into Daddy W and I probably spent a good hour with him, updating him on everything. It was about 4:30PM when I decided that I'd had enough of people, so we went to a local Denny's for coffee etc. I had to drive him to work afterwards, so Shilo and I had lots of time to talk about things, and I was able to discuss some concerns that I had been thinking about for quite a while, but was reluctant to bring up because I didn't want to "rock the boat." I actually prefaced the discussion by telling him that we needed to talk about a concern/worry of mine, and that I was worried that I might sound insensitive, but that I was hoping he'd understand that I wasn't being intentionally insensitive, it was just that I didn't know how to talk about the subject. He said he understood, and I expressed my feelings and fears, and why I was feeling the way I did. It was a healing talk, and I felt better afterwards, because he seemed to actually understand why I was afraid, and that my fears and concerns weren't unrealistic, but based on facts. It could have easily resulted in an ugly argument with each of us blaming the other, but, instead, he was agreeing that a solution was necessary, and he even reassured me that we would work on this together. I dropped Shilo off at work, and came home to an amazingly clean kitchen.

So, all in all, even though there was a lot of difficult moments, I'd have to say that I feel very much Loved and supported. On tap for this week: A visit to Kaiser to get my medical records an tests transferred, and a 5 day visit with the in-laws in MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment