Friday, November 8, 2013

Visiting The In-Laws PART 1

Consider this part one of a multi-part blog.

I very briefly met Shilo's parents when we got married in September. Keep in mind that Shilo had only given them the bare minimum of information about me, in hopes that my "oddities"  would not be known. His goal was for them to be happy that he was happy.  My goal was to appear as Vanilla as possible,  with no skeletons in my closet. Both of us did a good job, or so we thought. Little did we know...

I'm not ashamed of Sunshine. She is a part of me, and I would not be complete without her. My only  problem is that she can be hard to explain to others. I mean, how do you explain a very precocious 7 year old girl in a 52 year old body? It's difficult in the best of circumstances. Well  like it or not, Sunshine came out during dinner tonight, and instead of "covering"  for me, Shilo decided to introduce her to them. Sunshine had  me under the surface for most of the exchange,  so I can say that she was scared that his parents would reject her, but they were very  nice about it, but asked her too many questions,  and sometimes ask Shilo things. It was an educational moment. It turns out that Shilo's mom saw her coloring book and crayons in Stitch's room before the wedding,  so she knew something wasn't quite 'right'  but she was too polite to say anything.

When I came out later, it was awkward,  but they were accepting,  especially after they were told that Shilo knew all about  me early on in our relationship,  and that he got involved with me with both eyes open. Fortunately, Shilo decided to at least keep the polyamory under wraps. I'm not quite sure how THAT would have gone over... Anyway,  time for bed and meds. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment